Friday, November 26, 2010

329/365 Thanksgiving

The day didn't quite turn out like it was supposed to. My mom was feeling rough from her battle with pneumonia, L was recovering from a scary night where we almost ended up in the ER with his breathing and a mystery fever, and my sister was too sick to come. V and I set out in the morning for breakfast...

I ordered something normal though a bit more plentiful on the meat than I usually order

Thanksgiving Day Breakfast at Cisco's

and he decided to go crazy and order a dish his dad loved, tomato gravy on biscuits.

Tomato Gravy and Biscuits at Cisco's

He said it never looked like that when his dad made it and I commented I'd never seen it look like that anytime I'd seen it eaten. Ew. Yes, he ate it, saying it tasted better than it looked.

After the breakfast we did a bit of shopping, then before heading home stopped by a local grocery to pick up the Thanksgiving dinner my mom had pre-ordered. She had wanted a traditional, at home, Thanksgiving meals without any of the work. At least the ham tasted good. I'll let that stand as my only comment on the food.

Obligatory dogs with boys pic from when we took part of that meal out to my sister and BIL. Sharing the, uh, joy of such a meal with the sick is the sisterly thing to do, right?

Carolyn and Sarah with Lucian and Gus

Early in the evening we went down to the riverwalk just to get out of the house.

Lights on Blackwater

And thus another humid, hot, fall/winter holiday was done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment