Friday, May 14, 2010

134/365 Fried Mullet

As I've said before I'm not a fan of the Kwik Burger, but today was a yes day when my mom asked me to join her for lunch. I have no clue what the specials were but knew if nothing else I could order a cheeseburger or a grilled cheese. Was pleased to see the mullet on the menu, though I admit feeling some fear as I ordered it, and as the pic shows I opted for non-traditional sides.


Fried Mullet lunch


This was the best mullet I've had in a long time. It was served up right out of the fryer and I could tell the fish was fresh. So good! I can't say the same for the hushpuppies, they need to be cooked longer for the middle to be done, and they were sweet. The turnips were clearly previously frozen instead of from fresh, but they were edible. The mac/cheese was, too. It's kind of nice to know I can get something from there I really enjoy, but I also know not to count on it being this good next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment