Sunday, April 25, 2010

114/365 It rained!

It's been the driest spring I can remember and things were getting desperate in terms of the yard. The humidity came, forcing me to finally switch on the AC, and then Friday night that wonderful sound of rain coming down hard had me and the old man smiling. Saturday provided even more rain.

Rain-streaked windshield

We didn't let it stop us. I went out to lunch with my mom and sister. Mom took us to this local grocery where they have a lunch place. She'd been telling us about it for a while now, and decided today was the day she would share her find. It's a fill your plate, pay by the pound place and the food was was typical southern food buffet fare. Here is what my sister had. Only pic that turned out.

From the Grocery Outlet Deli in Pace, FL

Leaving the grocery we ran into someone my sister and I had been friends with as children, on through the teens to the very early 20s. It was good to see her, and to see her boys.

When reunited with V and my boys (they did their Lowe's Build and Grow clinic) we headed to Hobby Lobby for a few things. While there I couldn't pass up grabbing this shot. The tag isn't Florida, but it sure fits in around here.

One Big Ass Mistake America

I don't know why I feel compelled to take pictures like this. People certainly are entitled to feel that way, I guess I just don't understand the level of unhappiness/hate/emotion that gets them to this point. Some of the stuff like this amuses me. This doesn't, it just is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment